Kicking off the new year with an extremely delicious snack! If you’re a student like me, you know how hard it can be not to spend all your money in the cafeteria. You’ll always think: Oh, two bucks, that’s not very much. Spending this money every day sums up to be a lot in a few weeks. You’d rather spend it on holidays or new books.
Everyone has had bananas which turned brown at least once. That’s when you don’t really want to pick up the banana and eat it. Good for you, because I have the perfect solution: Banana and oats muffins!
It’s a secret recipe of me, every time I make them they’re gone so fast! So they are studying approved 😉
What you will need for 12 muffins:
- 100g butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 50g oats
- 220g flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp linseeds
- Stir the butter until it’s pale yellow and creamy, then add your brown sugar.
- Mush your bananas in a separate bowl and add it with your eggs, honey and oats to your butter and sugar mixture.
- Gently add the flour (be careful or you’ll turn to a snowman) and your chia and linseeds. Stir everything carefully. I personally like to add some more seeds for all the amazing nutrients they have. Nuts would be a great option as well!
- Spoon your mixture into muffin cases. Now you can sprinkle some oats and seeds over it. A secret tip: Sprinkle some dark chocolate for ultimate deliciousness!
- Bake them in the oven at 180°C for 35-40 minutes.
Perfect for study breaks because the oats and chia seeds fill you up and you can go back concentrated to work!
Which are you secret studying break recipes? Let me know in the comments!