If I had to choose my favourite day of the year it would probably be my birthday. I love seeing my entire family this day and preparing cakes and other sweets to eat. Having birthday about two weeks after Christmas isn’t that bad – the people are already settling into the new year and there are a lot of sales which means I can get my birthday wishes for less money. I haven’t had a Christmas wishlist last year so now I’m showing you little bits and pieces I’ve discovered in the last months which I’d love to own.
- I love to paint and I’d like to learn calligraphy with a brush. I’ve always used the watercolour in my painting pots but you should see how much paint I’ve only used for calligraphy! Recently I’ve discoverd liquid watercolour from Ecoline. I already own a black one so more colours would be amazing to work with!
- In December I had a Kiehl’s Advent Calendar and there I discovered Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I’ve heard a lot of people rave about this. I have to admit, it’s pretty good.
- For my birthday last year I got a susbscription to one of my favourite authors. This year I’d love to continue reading the Donna Hay Magazine. Awesome photography and awesome recipes!
- I own a small Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 and I have a few original Polaroids in my camera collection. I’ve thought a long time about this upgrade because I already had my Mini 8. This summer while travelling through China I wish I had a Fujifilm Instax 210 to caputure the stunning scenery.
- Something you can never get enough are notebooks. I always was the person who wouldn’t start a notebook because I was afraid of ruining it. Within the last two years I’ve learned to note all my ideas. I stumbled over these pretty notebooks from Rifle Paper.
- Since discovering calligraphy I wanted an easier method than paint and brush. While reading and watching tutorials with pens, I noticed that the Copic Sketch and Tombow Dual Brush Pen are really popular. I got a black Tombow pen and instantly fell in love with it. I’m about to collect more colourful pens to do awesome artwork.
- I’ve followed Estée Lalonde for a few years now and she’s such an inspiration! Recently she mentioned the Chanel lipstick in BOY – a stunning daytime colour in my opinion. It’s such a classic colour and it will complement each skin tone!
- While in Stuttgart I visited the Fluxus Temporary Concept Mall. So many inspiring stores gathered in one place, you coudn’t ask for more! In one of the tiny stores I saw the Recipe Box from Rifle Paper. As you know, I want to discover and create some new healthy recipes this year and this would be an awesome helper for me!